Family & Community
Healthy Babies Network
BowWest helps with referrals to Healthy Babies Network. The network provides pregnant women access to prenatal health care, social supports and nutrition. Support for new mothers and their babies includes:
- Pre-natal and infant vitamins (if eligible)
- Grocery gift cards for formula and other baby essentials
- Referrals to nutritional and dietician support
- Referrals to in-home support when needed.
Telus Spark Passes
A pass for 6 people free for one week’s use (limited to people already using BowWest's services.)
Kiwanis Bikes for the Family
BowWest helps people access free refurbished bikes and new helmets for the whole family. Bikes are provided by the Kiwanis Club of Calgary.
Baby Formula & Diapers
People who need access to free baby formula can contact BowWest for help connecting to the appropriate program. BowWest can provide emergency diapers to mother's in need.
Reduction of Financial Barriers for Recreation
BowWest helps families access free- and reduced-rate recreational programs. Programs include:
- Free tickets through Kid’s Up Front
- Assistance with community sport fees through Jump Start
- Assistance with access to the City of Calgary’s Fair Entry Fee Assistance program with subsidized rates for recreational facilities operated by the City of Calgary
- Referrals and assistance accessing community-run programs that subsidize or pay for recreational programs, including summer camps
- Gifts for children’s birthdays.
BowWest supports children’s literacy through its connection to Calgary Reads. Calgary Reads provides free books to children based on their reading levels and areas of interest. Books are distributed to people who visit BowWest offices or attend Parenting workshops or family events in which BowWest is involved.
Contact us at 403-374-0448 for the latest changes to the above programs.